Well, we are going into our third week in Bogota. We found out earlier in the week that we have been assigned to court number 22. We heard from our driver Maria Teresa that this is an average court which means it won't be the fastest in the world but it is not going to drag out forever either. Wednesday we were able to attend the services for Mercedes, who was the founder of FANA here in Colombia. Sadly, she passed away at the beginning of the week. We were not fortunate enough to meet her in person and thank her for our beautiful son. We were just glad we were able to pay our respects to such a well-respected and wonderful person. This weekend on Saturday we decided to visit the gold museum in the old part of Bogota. We saw lots of interesting pieces and artifacts and learned quite a bit of history about the area.
Today is Mother's Day and as such, I really wanted it to be a special one being Monica's first as a mom.
We found a really great restaurant in Usaquen called Bistronomy by Rausch. The food was incredible and the prices were actually pretty reasonable. I must say if you ever in Bogota, you have to try the Tres Leches estilo Rausch (Rausch style). It is served in a glass with the condensed milk congealed on the top with the cake on the bottom. I can still taste it. We took a stroll around the market and went back to Casa Yaroslava for a quick nap before mass. We went to church for the Mother's day service and now we are ready to watch a movie and call it a day. Little Matthew was ready for his favorite time of the day.. Bath time! We hope all of you had a great Mother's Day as well!
Ahhh, he's so cute! I recognize that wipies case! I'm glad it has served you well. I am so glad I was able to give you those items before you left!
ReplyDeleteMatthew is Mr Photogenic!!! He has such a contagious smile!! I'm glad that you went to the Gold Museum. There are 30,000 plus artifacts there. Making this museum a unique one. Keep enjoying the many places of La Nevera (that's how the people from the colombian north coast call Bogotá).
ReplyDelete