Sunday, April 29, 2012
El Dia De Los Niños (Children's Day)
Today was Children's Day in Colombia. The weather was really good in the morning so we decided to put little Matthew in the stroller and enjoy a nice walk around the area where we are staying. Every Sunday, they close many of the streets to car traffic and allow people to walk, ride bikes, rollerblading, dog walking, you name it. They have street vendors selling food and art in the medians as well. At 11am we went over to St. Beatrice Catholic Church. They have a Mass especially for the kids. We took the opportunity to make it our first Mass together as a family. We visited a few shops around town and learned quickly how expensive baby gear is in Bogota. We came back to the hotel and took a siesta for a couple of hours, ate lunch and made a few video calls to family. Well rested, Jim strapped on the Baby Bjorn and loaded Matthew into it. Initially, it didn't go so well. Matthew was pretty fussy as it must of felt awkward to him at first. I think Jim felt just as awkward as Matthew did. After a few adjustments and a trip downstairs to the patio, Matthew got the hang of it and found he really enjoyed being close to his daddy while exploring the sights and sounds of Bogota. -Monica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am very happy for you guys! Matthew is being blessed to have you as his parents. I liked the idea of the Sundays of Ciclovia in Bogota. The other thing they do to control the traffic is pico y placa but still you see a lot of cars on the streets. Bogota has a lot of green areas to take the kids to play. Mayra
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you both. I was so upset when I missed your call last Sat but I know you are having a blast with your son. Mathew looks like he is fitting right in with his mommy and daddy which I had no doubt he would. God Bless you all and I can't wait to see you all and hold Matthew!
ReplyDeleteLove, Michelle, Greg and the girls